This course provides an overview of the importance of hand hygiene, surface cleaning and disinfecting and correct product selection to address the outcome required in the domestic environment. Included in this course are links to the Department of Health and Safe Work Australia, demonstration videos, a short quiz and certificate on completion.
Key Learning outcomes from this course:
- Understand what considerations are required for the prevention of communicable infections within the home environment
- Understand the guidelines for infection prevention in the home
- Product selection based on outcome required
Please contact us if you have any questions relating to this course.
- Guideline links to Infection prevention
- Demonstration videos
- Product selection guides
- Product SDS and technical bulletins
This learning module is based on requirements for communicable disease (infection) prevention in domestic/home setting as outlined in the following government websites:
Objectives (at the end of this module the learner will be able to):
- Identify what causes communicable disease infections
- Explain why prevention of infection in the home is important
- Describe how to prevent infection within the home
- Choose the correct Hand Hygiene and Environmental cleaning products for their situation