This course provides an overview of the importance of hand hygiene, surface cleaning and disinfecting and correct product selection to address the outcome required in the Dental space. Included in this course are links to clinical data, Safe Work Australia website, demonstration videos, links to wall charts, a short quiz and certificate on completion.
Key Learning outcomes from this course:
- Understand what considerations are required for Infection Prevention in Dental
- Understand the guidelines and federal requirements for Infection Prevention in Dental
- Product selection based on outcome required
Objectives (at the end of this module the learner will be able to):
- Identify what causes infection.
- Explain why prevention of infection, particularly within Oral Health Care, is important.
- Describe how to prevent infection in the Oral Health Care setting.
- Choose the correct Hand Hygiene and Environmental cleaning products for their situation.
Guidelines associated with Dental Infection Prevention
This course is based on these guidelines associated with Dental Infection Prevention.
The requirements for infection prevention in Oral Health settings are outlined in the following documents:
Australian Dental Association – Infection Prevention webpage: https://www.ada.org.au/Dental-Professionals/Publications/Infection-Control
ADA Guidelines for Infection Control 3rd edition: https://www.ada.org.au/Dental-Professionals/Publications/Infection-Control/Guidelines-for-Infection-Control/1ADA_GuidelinesforInfectionControl_3.aspx is a comprehensive manual to advise Oral Health practices on the requirements for infection prevention.
The Dental Board of Australia (AHPRA) – https://www.dentalboard.gov.au/codes-guidelines/infection-control-obligations-of-dental-practitioners.aspx legally requires registered practitioners to meet their infection control obligations.
- Dental Guideline links
- Clinical papers
- Demonstration videos
- Product selection guides
- Product SDS and technical bulletins.