Surfex® is the world’s first dry surface biofilm remover and surface disinfectant with proven scientific data. Surfex® is proven to kill Clostridioides difficile, Mycobacterium terrae (TB) and Coronaviruses including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
Recent ground-breaking research has discovered that biofilms are proliferate on dry surfaces as well as the previously known wet surfaces. They can be found on most surfaces within a healthcare setting including curtains, bed rails, chairs, phones and patient charts and could contribute significantly to Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI’s).
Multiple internationally peer reviewed studies support these findings and also highlight the low efficacy of chlorine in removing biofilms.
Key benefits of Surfex® include:
- World’s first proven Dry Surface Biofilm Remover with scientific data.
- Proven to reduce bacterial loading within a dry surface biofilm both under clean and dirty conditions.
- Effective in reducing MDROs in healthcare environment.
- An In-built detergent system that allows ‘all in one’ cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- Significantly superior disinfection performance versus chlorine.
- Patented colour coded indicator system shows when Surfex’s biocidally active concentrate is ready to use.
- It is included on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods and approved for use on environmental surfaces and non-critical medical devices.
Surfex® is intended for use on environmental surfaces and for non-critical medical devices such as hospital beds and theatre trolleys. Surfex’s unique formula of buffered peracetic acid and surfactants ensure it will provide maximum disinfectant efficacy critical for healthcare environments.
Surfex® has excellent materials compatibility especially when compared with Chlorine/Bleach. Surfex® is available in 8.5g sachets for dilution in 500mL bottles and 85g sachets for dilution in bucket. Click here to view our ‘how to use’ wall chart.
Whiteley has collaborated with multiple universities over the years to advance knowledge and understanding of biofilms and how best to remove them. One of the most recent papers published as a result of this collaboration was – “The effect of disinfectant formulation and organic soil on the efficacy of oxidising disinfectants against biofilms” – Click here to view.
Surfex® has been proven to kill:
- Coronaviruses including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Herpes simplex virus 1
- Acinetobacter baumanni
- Carbapenem Resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (CRE/CPE)
- Clostridioides difficile (vegetative)
- Escherichia coli
- Mycobacterium terrae (TB)
- Proteus vulgaris
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella choleraesuis
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia
- Vancomycin – Resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE)
- Candida albicans
- Trichophyton Mentagrophytes
- Clostridiodes difficile
- Clostridium sporogenes
*For further information please contact Whiteley on 1800 833 566 or ask to speak to your area representative.