This course provides an overview of the importance of hand hygiene, surface cleaning and disinfecting and correct product selection to address the outcome required in the healthcare provider environment. Included in this course are links to Australian Veterinary Association standards, clinical data, Safe Work Australia websites, demonstration videos, links to wall charts, a short quiz and certificate on completion.
Key Learning outcomes from this course:
- Understand what considerations are required for the prevention of communicable infections in Veterinarian Practice settings
- Understand the guideline for infection prevention in Veterinary Practice settings
- Product selection based on outcome required
Please contact us if you have any questions relating to this course.
- Guideline links to AVA Infection Control Standards and other relevant guidelines
- Clinical papers which reflect the content
- Demonstration videos
- Product selection guides
- Product SDS and technical bulletins
This learning module has been developed based on the requirements for the prevention and control of infection in the Veterinary Practice setting outlined in the following:
At the end of this module the learner will be able to:
- Identify what causes communicable disease infections.
- Explain why prevention of infection within Veterinary Practice settings is important.
- Identify ways to minimize human-to-human transmission of disease within clinic settings.
- Explain how to reduce the risk of zoonotic transmission of disease and transmission of infection from animal-to-animal.
- Describe how to prevent infection within Veterinary Practice.
- Choose the correct Hand Hygiene and Environmental cleaning products for the correct situation.