Company Profile

Whiteley Corporation has a long history as one of Australia’s leading manufacturers of disinfectants for healthcare, floor maintenance and industrial cleaning products. Whiteley Corporation has been an Australian, family owned company for more than seventy nine years.

 

In 1933, the Australian General Disinfectant Company was founded; this marked the beginning of Whiteley Corporation. The AGDC supplied hygiene products and processes for the entertainment industry and public amenities. The company progressively developed a complete range of deodorants, disinfectants, insecticides, pest control chemicals and cleaning products, becoming the first Australian company to specialise in what are known today as Sanitation Chemicals.

During the years of the Second World War, the product range of the Australian General Disinfectant Company was extended to include personal hygiene products including antiseptics for the war efforts. The AGDC made a significant contribution to the formation of the first chemical trade organisation – the Association of Sanitation Chemical Manufacturers. Today, Whiteley Corporation continues to support the Australian Chemical Speciality Manufacturers Association and its affiliated activities.

During the 1950s, the product range expanded to include chemical products for building maintenance. The manufacture of floor sealers, polishers and waxes for hard floors became a major objective of the AGDC. The company has made many advances in introducing improved methods for floor maintenance, expanding recently to a range that includes soft flooring and carpet care.

In 1971, the Whiteley family became involved in the business initially through Mr Reginald K Whiteley. The Whiteley family then acquired the controlling interest in the company. The family ownership of the company had continued. Mr R K Whiteley continues to have an active and intimate involvement in the business, his son Greg is now the managing director. The tradition of the business endures and the directors and staff all work together to ensure the ongoing growth and profitability of the company through its innovation products and excellent customer service.

In 1995, the Company transferred its manufacturing to a purpose built, world class facility at Tomago, just north of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. The site is licensed by Standards Australia and the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and other relevant regulatory authorities. In March 2005, Whiteley Industries Pty Ltd changed its name to Whiteley Corporation Pty Ltd. This was a strategic decision aimed at better encapsulating both the medical and industrial divisions of the organisation.

Looking forward, Whiteley Corporation will continue to achieve high standards in manufacturing, distribution and technical support. Our business remains committed to innovation in technology and service. Creating better healthcare and industrial solutions as well as making a commitment to producing environmentally friendly products with the new EarthSmart range.

Certificates

     
Certificate of Registration
 Quality Magagement System Certificate
 Conformity Assessment Certificate

Emergency Evacuation Procedure

 


 

© 2011 Whiteley Corporation | Sitemap
Site by Peach Ads
Phone: 1800 833 566 | Email: info@whiteley.com.au